What can I use the App for?
You can use the Zopa App (‘the App') to view your Zopa accounts and related services in one place.
Please keep in mind, the App is not:
- A replacement for the Zopa website, or other communications from Zopa about your loan.
- Designed for loan account management actions.
Who can use the App?
- You must have a loan contract with Zopa Ltd.
- If we need to, we can refuse to register you for the App and limit how you use it.
The devices it works on
- At the moment, the App works on: Android version 5 or above and iOS version 10 or later (we update these regularly). There may be different features depending on your phone or tablet, operating system or version of the app you have.
What does it cost?
- We won't charge you for using the App.
- Your internet or network service provider may charge you for using data on your smartphone or tablet.
How to register
- You can download the App onto your device via the Google Play store or the Apple App store.
- Once downloaded you will need to sign in using your Zopa credentials.
Conditions for using the App
Using the App in the right way
- Only use the App to view your accounts and related services
- Don't use the App to upload or store inappropriate or illegal images or content that breaches the rights of others
- Don't attempt to make any income directly from using the App
- Don't use the App to do anything illegal
- Don't use the App in a way that could damage it or stop it from working or affect our systems or other users – for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code into the App or iOS, Android or other operating systems
- Don't collect any information or data from the App or our systems or try to read any messages or information not meant for you
- Make sure you obey any laws that apply to you in any place you use the App
How you must protect your access and information
- The App gives you access to your accounts, so you need to make sure you don't allow anyone to log into your account through the app.
- Always keep your phone or tablet secure and close the Zopa App if you're not using it.
- App Push Notifications include your transaction details, which will appear on the locked screen of your mobile device unless you change its settings.
- Some devices allow you to use your fingerprint or Face ID for logging into the App. If you enable this feature, then anyone whose fingerprint or Face ID is registered on your phone or tablet may be able to log into the app and access your accounts. Therefore, you must not activate this feature if you allow other people to access your phone or tablet using their fingerprint or Face ID. You should delete any other fingerprints or Face ID registered on the device first; otherwise, transactions made by anyone else who has their fingerprint or Face ID registered on the device will be treated as being authorised by you.
- Don't install or use the App on a jail-broken or rooted device. These have had their security features changed in order to work, which makes them less secure, and means that fraudsters could access your phone or tablet and steal your information or money.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our web site or the App.
How the App accesses information about you
- If you use certain features the App will need to access information on your phone or tablet to work.
- If you enable push notifications in your device settings, we will send you notifications in accordance with the applicable OS (iOS/Android) End User Licence Agreement.
- If we can, we'll ask you before the App accesses your device or information – and you can decline.
- You can manage how the App accesses your device or information using privacy settings on your iPhone or iPad. You can also do it through the usage settings in the App's menu.
- If you don't do this, we'll assume you agree that the App can access your device or information.
- When you use any part of the App which needs your location to work, you agree that we (and other organisations that work with us) can collect and use information about your location.
Information on the Zopa App
INFORMATION ON THE ZOPA APP IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DO NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE ZOPA APP OR ANY INFORMATION ON THE APP. WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT SOFTWARE, CONTENT, INFORMATION ON LINKS OR MATERIALS ON THE ZOPA APP IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE ZOPA APP OR ITS SERVERS, OR ANY SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION IN THE USE AND DOWNLOADING OF ANY SUCH SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AND USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNISED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD INFORMATION, MATERIAL OR SOFTWARE (INCLUDING ANY MOBILE CLIENT) FROM OR THROUGH THE ZOPA APP AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE THEREOF AND ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR OTHER HARM OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT.
What else you need to know
Changes to the App and our terms and conditions
- If we need to change anything about the App, we'll tell you about the change in advance (if it negatively affects how you use the app) or we'll tell you after we make the change (if it benefits you or doesn't affect how you use the App). We may do this by displaying a message about the change when you next use the App or log into our website.
- From time to time, we may update the App through the Google Play store or the Apple App store. Depending on what the update is, you may not be able to use the App until you've installed the latest version and accepted the new information about it. We'll let you know via your phone or tablet when there's a new version to install
- From time to time, we may contact you about the App by email, text or other messages in the App, or by telephone or post.
- We may still sometimes send communications by post, for example, notices about a breach of your agreement. This may be instead of, or in addition to, communications by electronic means.
- It is important that you keep us updated with any changes to your contact details.
If things go wrong
There are some things that we're not responsible for because they're out of our control or they relate to how your phone or tablet works. We can't be responsible for any loss if:
- You cannot access the App for any reason or it's slow.
- Any device, hardware or software you use with the App is damaged or corrupted or doesn't work.
- The App doesn't work as you expect, doesn't meet your requirements or contains errors or defects or we don't correct these.
- You don't receive a text or message in the App in time.
- We're prevented from providing any service in part or in full because of something a third party does.
If you're unhappy with something
- If you're unhappy with the App or feel we have done something wrong, please contact us at email@example.com and give us the opportunity to investigate and resolve the matter. This also helps improve our service for all customers.
- If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The Financial Ombudsman Service is a free and independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms. Further details can be found at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
Our Legal and Regulatory Status and Supervision
Zopa Limited is:
- A company incorporated in England & Wales under company registration number 05197592, having its registered office at 1st Floor, Cottons Centre, Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QG;
- Authorised and registered by the Financial Conduct Authority, and entered on the Financial Services Register under firm registration number 718925;
- Registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner (registration number Z8797078)
- A member of CIFAS