Yes, they can, but there are some essential requirements. The business must be:
- A UK-based Limited company
- Lending for investment reasons only and not engaged in the trade of money-lending
You'll need to create a normal account in the name and details of a controlling Director. Before you start investing, we'll need the following information and documents to make some checks and then update your account to a company investment account:
- A scanned copy of your Certificate of Incorporation
- Confirmation of legal structure and owners
- Names of individuals owning more than 25%
- Names of individuals exercising control over management of firm
- Confirmation of who you'd like to instruct on the account
- Two forms of identification for the controlling Director and anyone else who is authorised to instruct on the account. This needs to be a valid passport, driving licence or EU/EEA ID Card, along with a bank statement or utility bill dated within the last 3 months.
Please send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org using the email address you used to set up the account.